Kanakasava is a liquid Ayurvedic medicine in liquid form , widely used in treating Asthma, chest infections, chronic cough, chronic fevers and bleeding disorders. etc. It contains 5 ? 10 % ?self generated alcohol in it. This self generated alcohol and the water present in the product acts as a media to deliver water and alcohol soluble the active herbal components to the body. This medication contains several natural herbs that are known to possess strong medicinal properties, which help in improving the functions of the lungs, and protect the pulmonary tissues against damage. These herbs have been used for centuries and can provide effective relief from the acute as well as chronic conditions affecting the respiratory system. Asava are fermented medicines of Ayurvedic system that contains alcohol. Asava are prepared by allowing medicinal herbs juice to undergo fermentation by adding jaggery/ honey/ sugar and Mahua phul, Dhai phul or babul bark in water. The fermentation is done by burying sealed pots in the ground or husk for a period of one month followed by filtration. The self-generated alcohol during fermentation extracts the active principles from the Key Ingredients and also acts as preservative.
Ingredients of Kanakasava
Kanakasava is a liquid medicine containing about 5 to 10% of self-generated alcohol. This naturally produced alcohol, along with the water present in it, act as a media for delivering the active principles in the herbs. The unique method of preparation of this medication increases its shelf life. This medication, once prepared, can remain unaltered without any change in its constituents and medicinal properties for up to 10 years. The herbal constituents of this medicine are mentioned below:
- Kanaka (Datura Metel)
- Vrushamoola (Adhatoda Vasica)
- Yashtimadhu (Licorice)
- Pippali (Long Pepper)
- Vyahgri (Solanum Xanthocarpum)
- Keshara (Mesua Ferrea)
- Vishvabheshaja (Shunti or Ginger)
- Bharngi (Clerodendrum Serratum)
- Talisapatra (Abies Webbiana)
- Dhataki (Woodfordia Fruticosa)
- Draksha (Raisins or dry fruits)
- Sharkara (Sugar)
- Kshaudra (Honey)
Indications of Kankasava
The different conditions that can be treated using Kanakasava are described below.
Kanakasava is widely used in the treatment of bronchial asthma. Patients with this condition experience repeated attacks of breathlessness when they are exposed to substances to which their body is hypersensitive such as dust, the smell of perfumes, air pollution, and even some food additives. The exposure to these substances results in an exaggerated response of the immune system, which leads to spasms of the muscles in the bronchi and the bronchioles together with an excessive production of mucus due to which the patients develop difficulty in breathing. Kanakasava can help in controlling these attacks by improving the response of the immune system. It prevents allergies and eases breathing. It induces dilation of the air passages and reduces tightness in the chest. Regular use of this medicine can reduce the frequency of the asthma attacks to a great extent.
Kanakasava can be used to treat the upper and lower respiratory tract infections like common cold, sinusitis, pneumonia, tuberculosis, and bronchitis. It reduces the production of mucus in the respiratory passages and eases the discomfort. The natural mucolytic action of Kanakasava causes liquefaction of the thick mucus and makes it easier for the patients to get rid of it. It also controls fever caused by these infections. It eliminates the bacteria and viruses causing the infections by producing antibacterial and antiviral actions. It also reduces the risk of superadded infection in the patients with chest injuries.
Kanakasava is a very good general tonic that can be used by the people suffering from emaciation and malnourishment to gain weight. It reduces tiredness and increases the energy levels of these patients. It improves their overall stamina and allows them to feel fresh. It has been found to improve the overall productivity of a person. It boosts their ability to do physical work for longer hours. The people suffering from chronic debilitating diseases, which cause them to lose considerable weight, can also use it. It helps them recover faster and ensures appropriate weight gain.
- 12 ? 24 ml-one or two times a day, usually advised after food.
- If needed, it can be mixed with equal quantity of water.
Precautions For Kanakasav
- It is safe to use this medicine in lower dose, in children above 5 years of age.
- During pregnancy, it is best to avoid this / take this only under medical supervision.
- During lactation period, it can be taken in lower doses, based on doctor?s advice.
- A very high dosage than the prescribed may cause stomach irritation and loose stools.
- This herbal product should only be taken after consultation with Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is needed to be taken in the precise dosage as suggested by your Ayurvedic doctor.
- It should always be taken under strict medical supervision.
- If not prepared using good quality herbs, or if taken in very high dosage, it may result in side effects resembling datura poisoning.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed amber coloured bottle, protect from light and moisture.
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.
There are no reviews yet.